About Providence Classical School,
Williamsburg’s fastest-growing private school
Providence Classical School is well-known for its outstanding academic program and is the only classical, Christian K-12 school in Williamsburg. PCS nurtures a child’s love of learning and equips them with the tools to think and live as strong Christians. At PCS, our teachers and staff really get to know each child. We love, cherish, and encourage them to reach their full God-given potential.
We invite you to come and see how our students are embracing the classical method of learning, tour the school, meet the staff and review our curriculum. You will be amazed at the extraordinary things our students are doing and learning at Providence Classical School.
PCS features an engaging academic program and a great environment for our students and families:
- Kindergarten (half and full-day) through 12th grade
- Acclaimed curriculum, classically taught: math, science, phonics, reading with a focus on great literature, grammar, writing, music, art, bible, history, Latin beginning in 3rd grade, and for upper grades, logic, debate, classical Greek, advanced math, Humane Letters, digital photography, sculpture, and more.
- Small classes: a maximum of 15 students in K, 18 in 1st-5th grades, and 20 in 6 th grade and above. (The PCS board reserves the right to make exceptions to the class size limits.)
- Options for students to move up/down within reading, math and Latin levels
- Daily classical “Memory Period” for K-5th grades
- Weekly school-wide Chapel with guest speakers
- Prayer Buddy student mentor program, matching older students with younger ones
- House membership and social activities for grades 6 and above
- Creative play time for younger grades and recess for all grades
- Extra-curricular clubs and activities (chess club, band, choir, CyberPatriots, debate, jump rope club and team, archery, scouts, drama, arts and crafts, yearbook club, piano lessons, Moms in Touch prayer group, SAT prep club, and more)
- A welcoming environment and an open-door policy for parents
Read the one page school overview: Providence_Classical_School_K12.
PCS is an independent, non-denominational Christian school not affiliated with any church. Our school families are drawn from across the Hampton Roads area and represent many faith backgrounds. PCS admits students of any race, color, and national or ethnic origin.
View our Connections pages for a glimpse into PCS! Check the Enrolled Families link to find our weekly school newsletter, information about clubs and activities, photo galleries and more. Like our Facebook page for upcoming events and news.
Providence is a member school of the following organizations: